Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Can I get a refund from United Airlines

Can I get a refund from United Airlines?
I have a one way flight to San Diego and a one way flight from Santa Ana to San Francisco. I bought these tickets on priceline and they are supposedly non-refundable. Unfortunately these flights are next week, and I cannot make these flights because I had a death in the family. I was hoping to get at least half of my money back. Is it possible?
Air Travel - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Unfortunately no
2 :
You'll get at least half. I think it's somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4
3 :
Probably not, if you bought restricted, non-refundable tickets you most likely will not get a refund. You may be able to get credit for a future flight but may have to pay a fee. Hopefully, you can talk to a sympathetic United agent you might allow you to get something, but if you bought a highly restricted, deeply discounted ticket, United is not obligated to do anything but abide by the terms and conditions and fare rules for the ticket you bought. Give them a call and see what they say.
4 :
99% NOT! But, if you can prove of the special circumstances that are making you forfeit these tickets, it may be. Just call and let them know. Even better try to e:mail to customer service with all the details.
5 :
if it was a published fare maybe....Priceline probably kills any chance

Search News